Saturday, February 11, 2012

Madonna 'overwhelmed' by Super Bowl

Madonna-overwhelmed-by-Super-Bowl
Madonna compares her Super Bowl performance to in intense 'religious experience.'
The pop icon took to the stage at America's largest sporting event last Sunday with Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and Cee Lo Green.
With over 100 million people watching her live 12-minute medley half-time show, Madonna certainly felt the pressure.

'[I] was overwhelmed,' Madonna said in an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his morning KIIS-FM radio show Friday. 'I almost started crying. I felt an incredible sense... of warmth, love and support. To see an entire stadium light up like candles - it was like a religious experience.'
Although Madonna is satisfied with the show overall, she is deeply disappointed with M.I.A.
Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and Madonna were performing new track Give Me All Your Luvin', when M.I.A got a little overzealous with her hand gestures and flicked up her middle finger during the show.
'I didn't know about it until I left. I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about it," Madonna shared. 'I wasn't happy about it. I understand it's punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it seemed negative. It's one of the those things, it's such a teenager, irrelevant thing to do. there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place.'
Madonna will be releasing her new album MDNA in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment